Let’s enjoy a little bit of chocolate, shall we? Dark chocolate that is sweetened with zero-calorie stevia (rather than refined sugar) is an innocent way to get your chocolate fix without throwing your fitness results away. If you’re a chocolate lover then give this low sugar chocolate a try, and swap it out for sugar-loaded chocolate whenever possible.
While fresh figs are surely sweet enough on their own, dipping them in dark chocolate makes an elegant, pretty dessert. And it’s a wonderful way to enjoy a bite of chocolate!
Courtesy of local personal trainer Brien Shamp from RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need
- 9 oz stevia-sweetened dark chocolate chips, 55% cocoa (Lily’s brand)
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 18 fresh, ripe figs
- Place the chocolate and coconut oil in a small saucepan and place in a skillet with an inch of water. Heat over medium, stirring often until smooth. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Wash the figs and cut off the tough stems. Prepare a large plate or tray by covering with parchment paper. Dip the figs in the chocolate and place on the prepared plate. Chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Dip a fork into the remaining melted chocolate and make drizzle lines across the chocolate covered figs. Return to the fridge to harden. Eat within a day or two. Enjoy!
116 calories, 5g fat, 19g carbohydrate, 9g sugar, 1mg sodium, 4g fiber, and 2g protein.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try this week. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients then call or email me now to set up your first strategy session – I’d love to help you achieve your best self ever!
For more recipes like this check out our recipe area here: Recipes